Saturday, February 28, 2009

Tools for Web Site Testing

For the last 2-3 years I've been involved with Quality Assurance (QA). I am familiar with a few tools for automation such as Robot, Certify, and ClearQuest. I didn't really spent that much time to learned the ins and outs of ClearQuest, but I did with the others because it was what the company, (where I worked as an intern), used.



After that, I change jobs and at my current company I went open source. I didn't really see the need to pay for a commercial tool. In my own oppinion, and experience there was a huge ammount of time spending to keep up with the learning curve of thesse tools, and they were buggy. So I set our QA Department and spent some time researching some tools for Test Automation and test case management tools. I found Watir and liked it, but soon I found WatiN which I fell in love with, since is writting in C# and is design for .NET architecture it was what I needed.



I will post some things about WatiN in the future hopefully it'll help someone.

But my question is, if you are a QA engineer, what is your recommendation as far as automation and test case management tools is concerned. Oh, I use testLink for test case management.



What are the pros and cons of Open Source vs Commercial?

No comments:

Post a Comment