Monday, March 2, 2009

How does your programmer mind work?

Ok, so if you are an experienced programmer, may be this doesn't apply to you, but you're welcome to share how does your brain work when you are going through some logic. As for me sometimes I can't just seat an type code like I am typing this note like pay attention to my spelling, pause, and type again.

Sometimes I need to write small stories, (per say), so I don't forget what comes next, something like this:
Let's say I want to do something simple as getting an order beloging to a customer and display it using my favorite asp control.
//Get Customer Id
//Load customer object by Id
//Get customer LastName property and assign it to a variable
//Assign a First Name to a variable too
//Load order by customer full name
//Bind the order to a repeater

What is the benefit of doing this? You're kind of following test driving development!
You can use it as a starting point for a unit test.
What do you think? What is your thought process?

1 comment:

  1. I do the same think. It also helps so when you get distracted you can remember where your train of thought was going.

    ReplyDelete